ea logo
We are in the process of moving to a single website for the Education Authority. When using this website, please also check the EA website www.eani.org.uk to ensure you are accessing the most up to date information.

Educational Psychology Service

The SEELB Educational Psychology Service (EPS) is based at Board Headquarters in Dundonald.

The Educational Psychology Service (EPS) aims to promote the achievements of, and maximise opportunities for, the inclusion of all children and young people in life-long learning, especially those with special educational needs.

Educational Psychologists support the needs of children in the age range 0 to 19 years.

Read more ...

Information for Parents & Carers

What is an Educational Psychologist?
Educational Psychologists (EPs) specialise in the development of children and young people aged 0-19 years, primarily within educational contexts. They aim to promote the educational, social and emotional development of all children and young people. EPs carry out comprehensive assessments of children and young people, following guidance outlined in the Special Educational Needs_Code_of_Practice and the Supplement to SEN Code of Practice 2005. In addition, EPs provide support staff and deliver interventions in schools and are involved in developing and implementing a range of evidence based programmes and initiatives to promote improved educational outcomes for children and young people. They also work collaboratively with other professionals within the Education and Library Board and with agencies in the statutory, voluntary and community sectors.

Read more ...

Information for Children & Young People

What is an Educational Psychologist?
Educational Psychologists try to understand how children and young people think, feel, behave and learn. They may make some suggestions about how to make school better for you.

Why am I seeing an EP?
Usually because a teacher or other adult has asked the Educational Psychologist to help make school better for you.

If you want to know more about seeing an Educational Psychologist please talk to your parents/carers or teacher about it.

Read more ...